Thursday, January 22, 2009

It's me...can you believe it?!?!

Wow, has it been a long time. Sorry.
I'm not really sure what happened myself but, the whole surgery thing consumed me. I think I was so worked up about being wired. Mentally, I was really trying to prepare myself for it and then BAM… it was cancelled. Don't get me wrong, I love the way my teeth are coming along. They look better than I ever thought they would. I still feel like I smile weird. It's just not "me". Whatever that is anymore. I still go and get my adjustments every month and never once have I asked about a debracing date. I would love to know, but I don't want to get my hopes up. I'm such a black and white person that when something gets told to me, it's hard for me to sway from that. Maybe that's why I've had such a hard time with this whole process. Nothing seems to ever be set in stone.
I don't regret for a minute that I did it though. When all of this metal finally comes out of my mouth, I'm sure I'll love my new look.
I've been trying to catch up on everyone's blogs. You are all very amazing people. I will try very hard not to disappear again.
I have an adjustment today. I'll post again after that and maybe add a long overdue photo.
I've missed you guys!!!

2 comments:

nabukay said...

we missed you too! Don't worry about it, sometimes we all get caught up in our lives and disappear into an ortho bloggers black hole but when we emerge the ortho family is right there waiting. Glad you are doing well.

wiltonwinrow said...

De-bracing is the most exciting moment for someone who has braces for years. I can remember the moment I spoke to my dentists (Miami, Florida-based), regarding my de-bracing. He was like so happy for me that after all the surgeries, we'll be able to see the product. Next week my father will be in Miami; veneers for him will be our dentist's next procedure.