Monday, June 2, 2008

Next month...can you believe it!!!

I can officially say, my surgery is next month.
Part of me can't wait and the other part of me doesn't want it to come. You know that feeling in the pit of your stomach that you get when something big is about to happen….that's what I have going on. I'm feeling a little anxious. My youngest daughter, Kate, got a little teary eyed last night when we talked about me staying overnight in the hospital. My husband and I were talking about how poorly Holly was treated while she was there and I said, that he had better not leave me, because I don't want to go through that. So Kate asks, "if he stays with you, where will I go?" Poor thing. I told her that I would be fine and that Daddy and Grandma would make sure that one of them was always with her.


I started picking up a few things at the grocery store this weekend. I wanted to make sure I had plenty of broth in the house, to mix things with so they can go through the Zip & Squeeze bags. I got a couple of soups. I actually searched the web and came up with a few different pureed soup recipes that I would like to try so I can freeze in single portions, so that all we have to do is zap it in the microwave and pour it in the bags. Viola….dinner. Seems weird to be cooking soups this time of year. I guess a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do=)

Between softball games, a baby shower, graduation, birthdays and vacation this month, along with all of my appointments, I think it is going to fly by. I feel like I am so booked up. My girlfriends and I are trying to set up a small BBQ before I go in for surgery and it just doesn't seem to be happening.

Anyway, I hope Holly, Heather and Leah are all feeling great and back to normal in no time!! My thoughts are with all of you!!

6 comments:

holski said...

Michelle!
So glad to see a post from you. =) I hope I didn't scare you with my last post. I'll be writing again soon, as today... is the first day that I've felt great! My face is VERY slowly starting to look somewhat normal again. I haven't needed any pain meds all day (besides naproxen, an anti-inflammatory) and I even went out to blockbuster. So, for me it has taken basically a week. Hopefully it will be a lot sooner for you! My advice to you right now, is to buy syringes with small tips for eating. I have tried zip' n'squeeze and so far they haven't worked. They may however, work in the future when I have more control over my lips. =)

Girl, you're gonna do great. I am so excited for you!!!! I am counting down with you!

ingrid said...

thats great you're getting ready now! i was definitely not well prepared and it would have been nice to have bought everything i need before the surgery.

Shontelly said...

Next month... WOW. That's awesome. Happy for you Heather. Bout freaking time! GREAT idea about freezing the soups. Wish I had thought of it. Easy peasy.

Rachel said...

I can't believe we are next! Three and half weeks are going to go by so fast. I ordered Zip N Squeeze yesterday and have started writing out my Costco list. It will be here before we know it!

Dragon (Karen) said...

Wow ... you sound so organised Michelle ... good for you!

Great your daughter is being reassured about issues relating to your surgery. I think any thing like this, needs to be seen as a 'family' issue and all members need to be included in the planning. Good for you for doing this!

All the best with your countdown!

nabukay said...

Hi Michelle,
You've been waiting for this so long and its finally here. I'm glad to hear that you are busy with so many other things because it will take your mind off the surgery and lower your anxiety levels. oh and i think the pink ligs are groovy!