Wednesday, September 5, 2007

I haven't posted in a few days because things have pretty much stayed the same. The only thing I have noticed is that while the powerchain has certainly helped with the gap between my two front teeth, it seems to be making gaps elsewhere. Funny how I always seem to have something that bothers me. I guess I just need to be more patient.
My next appt. is coming up on Tuesday the 11th. I have a few questions for him. First, I want to ask him about why my expander was never tied off. It seems as though everyone I have spoken to has had their expander tied off after expansion was completed. I'm a little worried and I am hoping that everything has stayed put. I think it has but... I still better ask. Secondly, I just want to confirm with him that my expander will be coming out within a 2 1/2 month timeframe. I know he originally told me 6 months and it's only been 3 1/2, I'm just getting anxious. I want this thing out so bad. I hate the way I speak with it and eating since this thing has been in has been honestly, very unenjoyable! My tongue is almost always sore.
On a good note though, I really am still amazed at how fast my teeth have all been moving. I try sometimes to visualize what they will look like. Anything has to be better than the crooked mess they were.
I still wish my next surgery was coming up sooner. I am hoping for spring instead of next summer. I want to mention this to my Ortho. too. I wonder if his other adult patients are as anxious as me?? My youngest daughter has braces and I never hear her looking forward to her next appt. like I do.
I'll post with a new pic soon.

3 comments:

Shontelly said...

SAME BOAT! I just made a post as a matter of fact about how ANTSY I am about the whole situation!!! I just wanna get a move on things man! My next app is too far away.

ABout the expander - I'd def tell them that it was never tied off because it could cause relapse and that would suck! Mine comes off this month. woo hoooooooo! Not to rub it in or anything. :D My tongue was sore for a long time but now I'm so used to it that's its as if its not there anymore. It's been 6months for me. I'm still hoping for surgery in oct!
I guess we gotta just be patient!

Michelle said...

Not to rub it in but mine is OFF...HeHeHe...I had mine in for 3mths and a week. Mine was never tied off though...I'm kinda glad about that, did you see Brandy's? She wrapped a bandaid around it to keep it from tearing up her tongue. I would imagine that they watch for relapse and any changes that would keep them from removing the HIRAX or having to tie it off. But then again, each Ortho is different. Michelle, you have a powerchain already and I still don't. And Shontell started before me and still has her HIRAX...so I guess it just depends on the Ortho and also the situation that your teeth are in. Either way, Michelle, your teeth have come along way since SARPE. Do you have any preSARPE pics? Pics from your consultation? You must be thrilled about the fact that the gap is closing, but I do know what you mean about it making other gaps. Although my front gap is more dominant, I have gaps now on both sides of my front teeth. Oh well...2 more weeks till full POWERCHAIN...oh yeah! Bring it on!

Shontelly said...

I also got those pesky gaps on each side of my front teeth but now they are finally all gone! Hang in there - it's all SO worth it. I love how my teeth look now.