Thursday, September 27, 2007

New Pics!!!

Well, I haven't posted since last week, my daughter plays soccer and it seems as though I haven't had an extra minute for myself. I know, I know poor excuse. I told myelf I would be better about this and I will try a little harder from now on.
I've been a little down lately. I feel like nothing more is changing and I can't wait to have this stupid expander out!
I know I mentioned this before but, my lips are still really hurting me. They always burn and feel incredibly chapped. It seems like it doesn't matter how much chapstick I put on them, they still hurt. When I was at the Ortho's office the other day, Heather told me it was probably due to the fact that I am a mouth breather. I'm sure this is part of it because I know for a fact when I wake up my lips and mouth are dryer than the sahara.
Okay, I received my pics from the Ortho's office sooner than I expected so, I'm going to post a few before and after's. I am just learning this whole blogging thing but, I'm hoping to have all of my pics posted to a link soon. Maybe some of my other Ortho. buddies will help me with this task. Shontell???
I also wanted to tell Shontell CONGRATS on having your expander removed!!! It must feel sooo good!!! I can't wait!!!





4 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh my gravy..what a phenomenal change already! You have got to be sooo excited. Im thrilled, Isn't it amazing what they can do these days, makes you wonder why we waited so long to do it. I know I wish I would have done this years ago when it was first recommended. Your teeth look great! Thanks for the update!

chris k said...

You do look great Michelle. I can't wait to have nice full, rounded, sumptuous, curvy... ahem... arches like yours. The weight gaining is going well. 192 last night. Eight more to go and five weeks to do it. To answer your question yes I'll be having a LeFort I posterior (Upper tilting forward) impaction with a possible BSSO (lower pulled forward).

Casey said...

Hey michelle thanks for looking at my blog. Fortunately i didnt have the need for an expander but it does look painful. I think you just have to try and be patient through the whole thing and as you can see already with your own teeth your be rewarded. I hate those down days, you get so frustrated with it all, the saw lips, the tooth ache, mouth ulcers and all the soup! Makes you wanna rip the whole lot out. Keep your chin up your gonna be so pleased..... just listen to the other michelle!

Shontelly said...

Your palate was narrrr-row! WOW! but look at the progress so far! Isn't amazing looking at the before and after?? Your teeth are coming along FABULOUSLY!
Picasa is a great site to post your befores and afters. It's free, and pretty easy. Have you tried that?

My lips get chapped too - really bad like yours! I can't even tell you how many chapsticks I've gone through looking for the right one. I have found a really soothing one though and I love it. It's by Burt's Bees and called Replenishing lip balm with pomegranate oil. GREAT STUFF! You really can't go wrong with Burt's Bees though. Also, this other stuff that's a little bit harsh called Carmax. Don't taste it though.. eeeesh..not good.

OH AND THANK U for that wonderful shout out! lol Not to rub it in but MAN is it nice to have that thing out of my mouth!!!! My palate feels so smooth now. I don't know what it felt like before because I wasn't obsessed with it like now. You will get yours out adventually. I got to where I barely noticed it anymore but OH do I remember the tough times with that sonofa*****!!

Like Casey said.. Keep ya chin up.