Monday, March 17, 2008

Staying Positive

Okay, I’m trying to get out of the rut I’m in and look at things in a more positive light. I feel good and I’m trying to think positively about my next appointment with the doctor. I’m sure everything will work out just fine.

When I was at my last Ortho. appointment, Dr. Post told me he would be contacting the Oral Surgeon and that I should do the same. He said we could schedule something in either July or August. So I called and spoke with Jamie, she said that July 7th works well for them. I wasn’t at first, overly thrilled with this date but, I’ll work with it. Now I’m trying to work vacation into the week prior to this so my family and I can have a nice relaxing time together before the big day. This could be tough though, being the 4th of July week and all. Hopefully all of the homes/cottages in Maine aren’t all booked that week already.
I’m trying to relax and not etch this date in stone yet. After what happened, I don’t want to get too disappointed if it doesn’t work out. Hopefully all goes well with the Ins. Co.

I have to post some more pictures soon. I can’t believe the changes that are still happening. My open bite has closed significantly. When I slide my bottom jaw forward a tiny bit, I can actually touch my top and bottom teeth. I have never in my life been able to do that before. It’s so exciting!

Next Thursday is the big cleaning day! Woo Hoo! It’s so time consuming though. To the Ortho. to have the wires removed, to the dentist for the cleaning, then back to the Ortho. to have the wires replaced… there goes your afternoon. My husband and youngest daughter also have cleanings the same afternoon. It’ll be a family affair.

Thanks fellow Ortho. bloggers for your positive words when I needed them most!

10 comments:

stephanie said...

Have faith! If you ever need to vent about the thyroid stuff, feel free to email me or message me. I don't really know what you're going through, but I have seen it first hand from a lot of women! My mom, especially, has struggled with it. But keep your chin up, and everything will work out.

I hope this date works out for surgery, and have fun at your cleaning! :)

Stephanie said...

You have a date! I was just catching up on all that you've been going through. It sounds like you have had a rough stretch. Take care, and know that your fellow ortho bloggers are thinking about you and rooting for you :)

Heather said...

Wow, you have been hit with a lot! I am glad to see that you finally have a surgery date. I know how frustrating it can be struggling with multiple health issues. But, doing so only makes you a stronger person. I really know how you feel. I have several things going on too. Like Stephanie said if you need to vent email or message me. Take care and stay positive.

Tara said...

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for July 7th to stick. That always sucks to have a date and then it change. But in the end it will all be worth it!

laura said...

lol - it looks like we might be surgery buddies after all!

Shontelly said...

A day at the dentists office! Nice! lol Sounds fun.

Hey, Julys not too far off. It'll be here in no time. Like you said, though, don't get your hopes up. Try and enjoy that vacation. Look on the bright side, you get to be surgery buddies with Laura! How cool is that!? ;)

Take it easy peasy.

amycq said...

I was just catching up on your blog. I know how you feel...my surgery was postponed a good year! (Hence the 4 1/2 years of braces). But in the long run, I'm glad they waited until they felt it was ready. After going through it once, I wouldn't want to have to go through it again just because we didn't wait it out a bit. But yours will come up before you know it!! ...i do have to post some newer picture but I've been home sick this week (some spring break!) and no one wants to see the massive bed head I have!! :)

nabukay said...

omigosh michelle everyone said it all. i'm glad to hear that you have a date because i know you were starting to prepare for it. i wanted to tell you that maybe you should keep up with the exercise and vitamins anyway...

V said...

Hey love! Have been without the net for a while so just catching up! So awesome you have a date, I know it's a little later than you hoped but that's still great news.. It'll fly by, don't worry! xxx

Michelle said...

AWESOME, Im glad you have a date. Man, you are just going to be sooo happy when all is said and done. I still cant believe how far you have come already. Well I spent the day at the dentist/Ortho. Yup Me and the three kids had a cleaning. I could spare you the details within your comments and just make a post but I havent had the time to take a pic. Cori had her first cleaning today, it went well for a 4 yr old. O' and guess what I got, YUP finally, A BEND, actually I got two bends. Mine is different then I recall yours being. Didnt you have one between the two front teeth? I have two, one on each side of the two front teeth. They are small bends, but bends nevertheless. Lets just hope they do something fast. Well, anyway, it was nice catching up and I shall post tomorrow or the next day. Chow for now......Miss ya!