Thursday, March 27, 2008

More progress!!!

Okay, I went to see the Ortho. this afternoon to get my wires removed for my cleaning and to fix my TPA problem. (see last post) So, when I arrived, Dr. Post immediately came over to remove my wires. Then he said he had to remove the back left band and solder a part on a new one for the TPA to fit in. OUCH, that band did not want to come out. As he was twisting and yanking, I kept thinking… is my tooth coming out with it??? Next he removed the bottom wire and while doing so, he popped off a bracket. So he had Heather come over and put the new band back on and had her prep the tooth to replace the bracket.

Next, I went off to my cleaning. She said I was the third adult in braces for her today. I find this so weird because I very rarely run into any adults in braces. Wish I would though. Anyways, she said I was doing a great job with my cleaning. That made me feel really good because I do try.

Now, back at the Ortho. office, Dr. Post tweaks my wires before he puts them back in. This surprised me because I was only there a few weeks ago. I’m in favor of any tweaking though. Then, he starts to put my TPA back in and the part he just soldered on breaks off again. He says “you win, we’ll keep it out.” WOOO HOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! He says that the wire on top is so strong, it should prevent anything from relapsing. I am so happy, it feels incredible to be able to feel the full rounded roof of my mouth. I definitely feel like I speak more clearly without it too.

I’m going to try and post a pic I fiddled with in paint. I’m not great at all of this stuff but, I was hoping to point out to you the things that still bother me. My midlines are off a little and I still have that tiny triangle gap in between my two front teeth but, the thing that bothers me most is the “open bite” on either side of my front teeth. I know my open bite has closed considerably but I can’t figure out how he’ll close the openings on either side. Maybe the surgery will correct this.

Dr. Post also told me that he spoke with Dr. Weldon’s office and that July 7th is a definite! The countdown begins. Right now, it seems like a long time away but, I’ll bet it will be here before I know it. It’s time to get healthy and start exercising regularly! Hopefully everything is still a GO with the Ins. Co.






6 comments:

V said...

Honey! I'm so glad you've finally had good news.. Hang in there, these few months will simply fly by :D xxx

Stephanie said...

Hi Michelle! Looks like things are looking up :) You asked on my blog when I will be having surgery. It looks like September or October, I should be able to schedule my date in May.

Heather said...

I know what you mean about the midline and the open bite. I think they do fix it at surgery. I'm very happy to hear that your surgery date is definate. Let the countdown begin!

Steph & Steve G said...

Hooray for the countdown. I know it feels good to have a date.

holski said...

July 7th! Woohoo!!! That's pretty soon. I will still be wired shut when you go in. =) in other good news, I just remembered your new kitten arrives on Tuesday... I am so jealous! =)

Shontelly said...

That's a great diagram! Congrats on the news!! Huge relief right? I'm happy for ya Michelle.