Wednesday, April 2, 2008

This can't be happening!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I called the OS's office this morning to see if they received the "go ahead" letter from my Ins. Co. yet and Candy tells me that Jaime is busy but, she'll look in my file to see where we were at. She then proceeds to tell me, that a call has been put into the Ortho. to see if we can do the surgery on June 23rd. Are you f***ing kidding me???? I then tried to calmly explain to her that I leave to go on vacation from June 28th - July 5th…the vacation I planned so early on in the summer because, THEY scheduled my surgery for the 7th! She said that the assisting physician that Dr. Weldon likes to work with is unavailable for July 7th. Wonder when they were going to tell me?
So, she said she would get back to me after she spoke to Jaime. Then I get a message (I stepped out of my office for a minute) stating that the 14th, and the 21st weren't any good either.


I called her back and just as I start to speak, I start crying. I try to explain to her that this is my life they are screwing with and that maybe I need to speak to the doctor. I tried to tell her that my "summer vacation" deposit for my cottage was sent already and scheduled around this date they gave me, that the following week was scheduled at work for me to be out, that my mother also took the week off to help out, that my physical and EKG were already scheduled. She apologized and I understand it's not her fault but, I would think that as soon as they found out about this, they should have called me immediately! I find it funny that I only found out after I called them.
So… she said she would call back again after she spoke with the doctor. I'm sure at this point there is nothing they can do. I just don't understand why I can't seem to get this surgery set in stone.

I'm sure one of the reasons I was so upset was because, we had been looking for a particular kitten for quite a while. (we have 1 already and love the breed) So, right before Christmas I found a lady in Nova Scotia that was going to be having a litter in January. So, after they were born, she forwarded pictures and we picked out our new kitten. It would be ready to go March 17th. So, we started planning a trip to go get him but, found out that the ferry we would catch in Portland, Maine doesn't start running again until May. So then we decided to buy him a plane ticket. Then, we were told that they don't allow "live cargo" on board until April 1st. Not a huge deal, so the breeder booked his flight for the 1st. We were all set to leave for the airport yesterday afternoon and I get an e-mail from her saying that she was missing one piece of paperwork for customs and that they wouldn't let her board him. So, they schedule him for a flight this morning. So this morning, we get up at 5:00am to head to the airport, which is 2 hours away, and I get another call from her. The airline thought it was a little cold this morning for him to fly so… we had to turn around AGAIN. We're now shooting for Friday morning. I'm tired and grumpy and can't for the life of me figure out why everything seems so difficult for me right now. I know it's not all life altering stuff I am complaining about, and I am very lucky to have a wonderful healthy husband and great healthy kids. I'm just getting discouraged. I have been doing really well lately keeping my chin up. But man…how much can a girl take.

Sorry for my ranting and my language above, I just needed to get this off my chest! I'll keep you all posted. I keep thinking that maybe this 2nd surgery isn't in the cards for me.

9 comments:

Katherine (Kate) said...

I can NOT believe this stuff keeps happening to you! and should think you have every right to be frustrated/annoyed/teary/all-round-ticked. WHY are you apologizing for venting?! Steam on, girlfriend.
When this goes on the upswing (and it's GOT to sometime), hang on tight, cause it should surely go WAAAAAY up. Strength to you :)
*hug*

V said...

Oh honey, believe me that's not even ranting or bad language; if I'd been through all you have there would be some serious words being had!!

Can't believe the bad luck you've been having, I'm sure there will be some rescheduling etc to get the best out of your surgery and to help make sure that they do right by you. After all they should be there to help you not make things worse!! I'm certain it won't be the end of the story just yet and things will work out as planned.. Big hugs xxx

holski said...

No need to apologize. That is exactly what this blog is for! keep it coming!

I am pretty disappointed to hear about the unprofessionalism at your surgery office. They sound clueless. I hope they can make this right for you. I'll be thinking about ya. Update as soon as you know something!

And you were so excited about the kitty. You are really having a bad week!!! We are here for ya girl!

Shontelly said...

O MY GOODNESS. Your just having some bad luck right now. MAN! I feel so bad for you!!! Awesome of you to stand up for yourself, though. How rude!!!

Shontelly said...

Oh and HUGS HUGS HUGS!

Kristy Eng said...

im sorry to hear about your day....lets hope u get a clal and your cat is ready soon and your surgery can be after your vacattion, fingers crossed for you, hang in there!

laura said...

Oh argh!! How frustrating! I hope you finally got your kitten yesterday. A new kitten, that's so cool! Kittens are awesome.

What a pain in the ass about the surgery. I have to admit though that I'm still secretly hoping that we'll be surgery buddies, which is much more likely if your date is a few weeks later. Selfish Laura is selfish.

Heather said...

And here I thought I was the unluckiest girl in the world! Man you just can't get a break! Must be something in the air here. Just remember there is always someone who is worse off than you are. This is all going to work out for you in the end so keep your chin up. I really am sorry that things keep getting messed up for you. Good luck with your new kitten. I know the anticipation of seeing him must be killing you but it'll be worth it when you see him/her. As for the os office I agree with Shontell, good for you for standing up to them. What they did to you was just rotten.

nabukay said...

oh that sucks, but you know what that is why are here so that you can vent. Good luck and keep us posted...XOXO