Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Here's the lastest

I'm feeling a little emotional today. I just feel the need to tell you all once again how amazing you are! Just when I need a boost, you all seem to come and say just the right things! Thank you!!
Does anyone ever wonder if we'll ever meet? So many of you have made such an incredible impact on my life, that I wonder sometimes if I'll ever come face to face with any of you. Hmmm… I hope so!!

Now on to Ortho. news:

I had a regular adjustment this morning. My teeth are already hurting so, whatever he did… it's working!
I told him about my thoughts on scheduling the upcoming appointments. We were both pretty much on the same page so, that made me feel better. As more and more gets scheduled, I get a little more excited and also a little more anxious. You know, the surgery part doesn't bother me at all. It's still that whole wired shut thing I can't seem to get off my mind. Breath……..

So my appointments look like this:

June 16: Blood work (lab appt.)
June 17: Surgical Molds
June 20: EKG and Pre-Op Physical
June 28 - July 5th: VACATION
July 7: Pre-Op Hospital Interview
July 9: Surgical Spurs placed
July 10: Appt. with Dr. Weldon (OS) He wanted to see me after he received the molds and after the surgical spurs were placed.
July 11: Surgery

I am thinking that with all of these appointments and with everything else I have going on, (my daughter plays softball and with the school year coming to an end) I'll bet time is going to fly by.

I'll have to post some new pics, I decided to go with the hot pink ligs today!!

I'm looking forward to a nice long 3 day weekend. My husband took the whole weekend off. We haven't had a weekend off together in a very long time. Between his work and mine, we wake up to an alarm clock 7 days a week. Not this weekend!!!!

I hope you all enjoy your weekend too!!

9 comments:

Heather said...

Enjoy your R&R this weekend with the hubby.

Katherine (Kate) said...

Yay! It's looking like the scheduling is working out to be very busy but not interfering with Holiday plans....can I hear a "whoop!WHOOP!" You're going to be running around so much, these next few weeks are going to wiz by, leaving you wondering where it all went :)

Wiring sucks...& alot of it's the psychological effect, I think. If not literally 'Wired' the majority of folks are so tightly banded they might as well be, right? Think of it as "Phew! At least I know you're staying where the surgeon PUT you! Try getting out of that, sucka!" We'll keep hoping you get some peace for this.......and that it's closer to a 2 week sentence than later :) *hug*

Dragon (Karen) said...

Great that your appointments are getting organised and best of all, you're getting some 'me' time ... so necessary around events like your surgery.

It's good you had a good adjustment and here's to your teeth doing whatever your ortho has planned for them.

Take care ... and make sure you do get plenty of r and r, between your appointments, family commitments etc.

Jacqueline said...

Thank you for chronicling your journey. It has helped me out and will probably help me decide if I should go through with oral surgery. I have a crossbite and a very narrow upper jaw.

Michelle said...

Thanks Heather & Karen! I can't wait for the R&R this weekend!

Katherine, you're right, it's so psychological. I just need to remember to stay calm. My husband is usually great at that so, I plan on asking the doc if I can get him in recovery, ASAP!

Jacqueline, you are so very welcome. It's so nice to know I might be helping someone. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. Sounds like with a very narrow upper jaw, you might start out with the SARPE like I did.

Shontelly said...

Michelle, I can only hope that I can give you the boost and encouragement that you give me. YOUR AWESOME!! If I'm ever in your area I'll def look you up ma'am! Where is it that you are again.. =D I'll read your profile.

Looks like things are pretty well organized and you my dear, are well prepared. I worried about the wiring shut the most too. We will all cross our fingers for ya that it doesn't happen! Right people?! Right..

I have to say, your pretty brave going with those bright hot pink ligs! You will have to take a pic of yourself smiling really big and cheesy with a fan blowing on you so that your hairs flying all over the place! hahaha Like Holski mentioned. Oh that would be just great.. we should all do it for when we need to laugh.

stephanie said...

WAHOOOOOOOOOO!!!! You are an amazing person, and I'm so glad things are FINALLY working out for you.

Katherine said...

LOVE the pink ligs...there are playful and flirty, perfect for your upcoming vacation. :) It sounds like your emotions are perfectly normal. Thanks for sharing them with us.
I've been struggling with the whole reaction to other's comments thing too. My husband gave me a good response. He encouraged me to tell folks that jaw surgery is to fix my breathing and my bite, two attributes I've decided are crucial to my long-term health. Though folks cannot "see" my need for surgery, they cannot argue against it. Hang in there.

nabukay said...

I don't think you have any idea how much moral support you have given me or the rest of the ortho club. Not only in terms of the teeth but alot of other things like my lovelife and all the other drama. I once told you that you are like my mom amongst the ortho buddies and that's how I feel. As for the pink ligs, they are utterly cool and I think I'm going to be brave and try those one of these days they are sooooo cool!!! lots of love.

Omigosh how cool would it be if we all met? We should so do something one day!!!! I reckon I would look people up if i were ever in their area cos I do want to visit my sister one day. She's based in Bozeman at the moment and was In Vegas last year. Lets see maybe one day we'll meet an an ortho convention.... wired lady in person would crack me up!