Friday, December 21, 2007

Broken Bracket

Well, I had to go back to the Ortho, sooner than I anticipated. I broke my first bracket. It's funny though. Wednesday night I did all of my teeth cleaning rituals before I went to bed and didn't notice anything but, when I woke up Thursday morning, the bracket was hanging on the wire. It was the last one back on my left side. Then when I went to brush my teeth Thursday morning, the little bugger fell right off into my mouth. So I bagged it and brought it with me on my trip. Then, they actually cleaned it and used the same one. I'm glad I thought to bring it with me… gold star for me!! I'm still not sure how it fell off though. Deb, the Tech, did tell me that it happens to the back ones a lot. I guess I'll have to try and be more careful.
Have a great weekend everyone.

2 comments:

laura said...

Ooh, teeth grinding maybe? Or I guess it might have just loosened over time and finally given up the ghost. Funny, brackets seem to fall off a lot these days, much more than when I was a kid. And the things we did to out braces back then ...

Melissa M. said...

hey there! i was kind of surprised when they used the same bracket when my first one fell off... she came back and said "you know, melissa, there was some gum stuck in your bracket! Naughty, naughty.." the ONE time I chewed gum came back to haunt me, hahaha! For me, it happened biting through a wonton, and it was on my front tooth. I've been kind of worried a back bracket will come off and I'll swallow it or something. :)