Monday, January 21, 2008

New pics, including the profile




I thought I would share that dreaded profile pic. Do you see what I mean though? You could almost see where a lower advancement might work. Who knows though, I'll just leave it to the professionals.
I am amazed at how much the openbite has closed. I remember after the SARPE I could fit a whole finger into the opening. The braces have definately been doing a good job. Because of the shape of my teeth though, I don't think the braces can do anything more with the little gap in between my two front teeth. I will definately need to get that fixed, for some reason it really bothers me. I can't wait for that moment after my next surgery when I can look in the mirror and see my teeth touch for the first time ever in my life. I know exactly what Shontell means when she says she got choked up at her appointment. This has been an amazing transformation. I wonder if our doctors even know what a difference they have made in our lives.
This is going to be an awesome year.

6 comments:

Shontelly said...

This year is going to be awesome Michelle!!! I can feel it! :D My teeth have shifted SO much since the SARPE too. I love the way it looks now up top.
I wouldn't worry about your two front teeth touching too much because I'm sure it's very easy to fix. I don't think your profile looks bad at all miss! The surgery will just make ya even better!

chris k said...

Well thank god I can chew solid food again because I've got a whole humble pie in front of me. Your boys done good this weekend. And with a Packers loss and Junior in the big game, I'll actually be on your side of the cheering section now. The bite is looking great too. I can't believe how much it has closed just with the braces. Exciting!

Michelle said...

Wow, looking fabulous. I see you got the bend in your wire. I was hoping for that today but I didnt push it. I got another big ole powerchain. Well, I bet now that the bend has your teeth straight a power chain would bring them a little closer together. I bet that gap will be gone a day after your next visit. Your profile looks good, if you stare at it long enough I'd agree about the advancement but if you hadn't said anything and I saw your profile, I wouldn't think of it. So, sit back, relax and enjoy the ride.

Ananda Devika said...

Lookin' good there, lady!

Stephanie said...

Hi Michelle. I saw you stopped by my blog so I thought I would stop in and say hi. Wow ... 8 weeks 'til surgery ... that's how long I have been in braces! I am sure it has been a long road to get here. Very exciting indeed.

Tameca said...

Hey... glad for you, but sad for me. My open-bite is very similar to yours was before the braces closed it. I had my braces off several months ago, because I wasnt sure how to get the surgery approved by the insurance company, so while the teeth are straight, my bite is still very open. Could you suggest how I should approach the treatment again? I'd like to try getting surgery by the end of '08, if all goes well. Please help. I'm in desperate need.