Friday, January 25, 2008

I HAVE A DATE!!!!!

I received two phone calls this morning, both from my OS's office. One was Candy, she does the Ins. processing. She said she has notes back from May stating that when we were ready for the next surgery, to just submit the information. So she thinks everything will go through just fine. The other one was from Dr. Weldon's nurse/scheduler, Jamie. She actually went in on my last surgery. She says that barring any problems with the Ins. Company, she has submitted all the paperwork to the hospital for my next surgery to be on…… drum roll please……..
MARCH 24TH!!!!
That's only 8 weeks away! I'm so excited and a little bit nervous too. I ordered the zip and squeeze stuff last week just in case. I want to start getting a game plan ready. Vitamins, exercise. I want my body to be as ready as possible this time around.

6 comments:

nabukay said...

hi michelle, thanks for the note. i have no idea how you cope with not seeing your husband often but thats not what i wanted to tell you. i think your braces are pretty...i'll add your blog to mine so i can watch your progress. i love your whole attitude towards the braces and this year. i have enjoyed mine but then sometimes i see them in the mirror and i'm horrified. your post has really made me reevaluate my attitude towards this adventure. i was feeling really sad last night but i feel better today. have a rad weekend!

Shontelly said...

OH YAY!!!!!! Not too far away AT ALL!! GO YOU! GO YOU! WOW... I'm really excited for you!! lol I feel corney but if you could see my face I'm smiling real big for ya. :D

Oh yeah.. I'm ordering my zip & Squeeze ASAP!

Tara said...

YEAH!!! Having a date makes it all feel SOOO real. And, as I'm sure you remember from your first surgery, those 8 weeks will FLY by! It feels like you have SO much time to get stuff ready, and before you know it, it's here! I'm so excited for you!
~ Tara

stephanie said...

Congrats!!

Mary said...

Hi Michelle, I saw your post on Shontell's blog that you are only taking a week off from work, so I thought I would weigh in with my 2 cents. I think its one thing for Shontel for example to have only one week with her husband home where she doesn't have to care for her child. But going back to work after only 1 week might be tricky. My OS originally told me 10 days (with my surgery being on a wednesday it would actually have been 11). But in my case, I needed a good full two weeks, and even then after going back to work the first week or so was really rough. You look pretty young and that works in your favor, but I was in pretty good shape when I had my surgery as I do yoga 4 times a week and eat pretty well. Even so, this surgery is really hard on the body. So I just wanted to let you know, you might want to consider a second week to really recover. Recall that your bones will still be healing. At any rate, I do wish you good luck! mary

chris k said...

Michelle,
Tough loss. If it makes you feel any better I remember the last time the Bolts were in the big game they were getting thumped so badly that when poor Tony Martin scored in the 4th quarter the 49ers were already celebrating. Hope it's not getting you down too much.