Thursday, January 10, 2008

A surprise adjustment!!

I brought my daughter to her Ortho. appt. yesterday and low and behold, he said he could do my adjustment too. I reminded him I had an appt. with the OS next Thursday. I told him I was hoping for a surgery date of sometime no later than May, earlier if possible. He actually seemed like that wasn't out of the question. So, I have two more appt.'s coming up soon. When he originally put my bottom braces on, he didn't band my last molars. He said they looked good and didn't want them banded while he moved everything else around. Well, he wants them on now. So on the 13th I'll go to have separators put in (oh, how I hate those things) and then on the 20th I'll have bands put on and then he said he wanted me to get some new molds made up. I really hope this means we're close.
In the beginning, when I had my first surgery, changes seemed to come quick. Now, I feel like it's always a hurry up and wait deal. I know good things will come in time, I just want to see something now. I'm so happy for the people that finally have their dates scheduled. A little jealous too I guess.

I just took some Advil, my head and jaw are aching today. It goes right along with my mood. The holidays kept me so busy, I didn't have time to think about the next step. Then, my sister and niece came to visit from Texas and North Carolina. My sister left yesterday. Now it's time for me to get busy with something else… I'd like it to be preparing for surgery.
Hopefully, I'll hear some really good news next Thursday.

5 comments:

Shontelly said...

I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya. I was getting jealous as well when I saw that others had dates. Hang in there chic - it'll come. You should have seen my reaction when I finally got one! LOL I was all over the place!! Good luck with those spacers.

Kristy Eng said...

Fingers crossed for you to get the surgery date, that would be great news...!!!

Michelle said...

SUR-GER-Y, SUR-GER-Y, SUR-GER-Y, Just go in chanting. You will get a date!

Tara said...

I think that this waiting for a date part is worst then the actual surgery. Hopefully you will get a date that works well for you! Can't wait to hear how it goes!
~ Tara

Michelle said...

Knock, Knock - I Got the job! Hooray!!!