Wednesday, February 6, 2008

WHAT??!!??

I went to the orthodontists office today, to have the spacers put in between my lower back bottom molars. While I was there, I asked Dr. Post, if Dr Weldon the oral surgeon, contacted him about my upcoming surgery date. He said, NO. What?!?! No?? His office told me that they contacted him. UGH!!!! I’m scheduled next Wednesday to have the back bands put on, new x-rays and molds. Then, he said he’ll decide if I’m ready for surgery. You have to be kidding me! Then he’ll decide?? I already have my life planned…
He did ask when would be good for me. I told him March 24th works. I want this so bad. I want to be healed enough to go away on a nice vacation this summer without having to worry about eating, or lack of eating. Last summer was ruined by my last surgery. I mean, not ruined. I wanted it done, it’s just that I really wanted to plan a nice vacation and have this final surgery out of the way. The braces I can deal with, it’s the surgery looming over my head that I can’t stand.

I am going to be a wreck until I find out what he decides! I feel like crying.

8 comments:

Shontelly said...

ARGH!! I know the feeling chica. Don't worry, it will all work out.

Eva said...

Oh no, what a nightmare! I hope everything runs as scheduled for you.. *hugs*

nabukay said...

oh no. sorry michelle. try and think positive thoughts you've come so far.

Katherine (Kate) said...

What a kick in the...um...teeth?
(sorry, very lame)

How discouraging and down-right exasperating. I hope everything gets reorganized for you asap, so you can at least have a definate plan to work towards again.

Keep your chin up hon. Shontel's right, it'll come together for you. ;)

Michelle said...

Oh Girl'friend..Long time no chat. Thanks for the message sent from above. I have been down under, this whole work thing is just taking up way too much blogging time. As a matter of fact its 9:12 and I am sooo tired, got to get to bed. But I wanted to touch base and tell ya, I'm so enjoying my job, thank god the gap is pretty much gone. Still have the little triangle but it is small enough to be unnoticable for everyone but me. Im hoping that the midlines will take the advice of the rubberbands and get to movin. Glad things are going well for you besides getting the date firmed up. It will happen soon and I bet it will work out perfectly for you. You will make it work, take care...im off to bed!

V said...

Aw Michelle, really hope it'll come good, am sure it'll still work out the way you want, it's better not to rush it through and do it properly, even though it's the hardest thing being patient! Thanks for your words of encouragement, really want to add some of you guys' links to my profile but have no idea how to! Keep us up to date on surgery best wishes xxx

V said...

Thanks darling! You're a star! Shall be easier to follow now :D xxx

Clarissa said...

Hi Michelle,

You'll be on your way soon, I know you're so excited to get this done...I can't wait myself to get it done. I'll be checking back to see how you're doing. Best of luck and keep plugging along!!

Clarissa