Tuesday, February 19, 2008

It's Official...

My surgery has been postponed.

I can’t even begin to tell you how I feel right now. I’m at such a loss. I feel like the floor has just been pulled from underneath me. I know it’s not the end of the world… it just plain stinks though. I called the Oral Surgeon’s office hoping to get some information and he wasn’t in today so, I called my Orthodontist. His secretary said that it showed on the “screen” that my surgery had been canceled and that I had been notified this morning. Uh, it wasn’t me that was notified. She then transferred me to him.

So, he says that my bite was so bad, that he wants to get it as close as he can before surgery and he feels after looking at the new molds, I’m not there yet. I was very pleasant and told him I understood. What I really wanted to do was cry and plead my case. How can he do this? How can we be so close and then have it all left with no plan in mind? I’m crushed.

6 comments:

Kristy Eng said...

Im so sorry to hear this Michelle, this is terrible news. However keep on the bright side of things, you want perfection right...and at least they are being honest with you in saying you arent ready...did they say how much longer it would be and what they plan on doing to get you surgery ready. Hang in there, we are all here for you!

Heather said...

Oh Michelle...that SUCKS! I probably would have cried. I wanted to thank you for the info you gave me today. My ortho is Dr. Blasius (I really like him) and my surgeon is Dr. Danielson; I don't know him well but when he pulled my wisdom teeth he seemed ok. Of course he did knock me out...so I don't remember much lol. My tentative (they told me it could get cancelled if the dr. had other things to do that day) surgery date is May 14, 2008. Good luck and hope you get another date soon.

Shontelly said...

What a bummer! I know that feeling very well. A lot of us do. The day will come and you'll be slurping down chicken broth like I am right now. :( ..and not having too much fun. What I would do to make time go faster was to stop thinking about the surgery and focus on something else that was coming up. That seemed to help. It's all gonna work out! You'll see.

Tara said...

Oh Michelle, I am SOOO sorry to hear that. This actually happened to me a few times. It is SOO frusterating. But look on the brite side... once the surgery is done, you will be getting those braces off that much sooner. After my surgery I had the braces removed just 3 months later!!! So the more work they do now, the less they have to do later. I know it probably won't make you feel much better, but try to keep your spirits up. And again, I am SO sorry to hear that you have to deal with this.

stephanie said...

I'm so sorry :( I'm thinking of you.

V said...

Hi Michelle, other than yet another huge ulcer am doing just fine.. I'm so sorry to hear about the postponement, you must be so disappointed, but I guess that's life in general - you can be prepared as you like but plans don't always work out the way you want :(

I'm sure that even though there's a setback you'll still be done and gorgeous in time for your holiday,you must be *almost* ready, or they wouldn't have considered you to begin with, so hang in there and hopefully it won't be too much later than you orginally planned.. Thinking of you xxx