Thursday, February 14, 2008

Only time will tell

It just hasn't been a good day.

I went to my appointment this morning and had the new bands put on, x-rays, molds, wax bite and the newest adjustment. My teeth and jaw are killing me. It's weird, after every adjustment, my lips get very swollen and really, really red. I must be allergic to something going on in there. So after all of that, he said he would look at the molds and get them over to the OS's office right away. He also had me schedule a date for my surgical hooks on March 12th. Aside from being sore, I left there feeling pretty good.
Now, comes the bad news…
My husband brought my daughter to her appointment this afternoon. While waiting for her adjustment, Dr. Post mentioned to him, that he is concerned that the cart got before the horse and is not so sure I'm ready for surgery. He says he is meeting with Dr. Weldon tonight to discuss my case.
I'm just at a loss for words! I wish they had communicated this before I was given a date and gotten my hopes up. I have scheduled everything already, the physical, the pre-op at the hospital, my vacation at work. Now it looks like I might be canceling all of it. So, both offices are closed on Friday, my guess is I won't be getting any information before next week sometime. Lucky me!
I know I need to be patient and make sure everything is aligned properly before the surgery, I'm just terribly disappointed.
I'll let you all know as soon as I hear something.

Happy Valentine's Day everyone:)

9 comments:

Eva said...

Not easy to be patient over something like this. Even I'm geting upset reading about what you're going through. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Tara said...

I hope that they have good news for you. It can be SO frusterating and disappointing to be told you are ready and then hear that you may not be. I will be thinking of you and hopeing that everything works out.
~ Tara

Michelle said...

Thank you both so much. Having friends like you who understand, makes everything a little bit easier.

Shontelly said...

Oh Michelle. I know it sucks. I know the frustration you feel. It will all work out. I learned to not get my hopes up with all this. I'll say a lil prayer for ya. You'll see, in no time you'll be getting prepped for surgery. Hang in there sista!

nabukay said...

hi michelle, sorry to hear this. you are always so positive. keep your chin up, we're here if you need to vent.

Katherine (Kate) said...

Oh, Michelle

You're not having a very good time of it right now are you? How frustrating to have this communicated through your Daughter's appointment and not to you. Would NOT be impressed at all.

Thinking about you lots and hoping everything comes together for you soon. You will DO this!!!

bridget said...

Michelle, you'll get there! We're rooting for you.

Michelle said...

Before you know it, it will be here and gone. I'll say a prayer for you too! Patience, Patience, it will come! Miss talking to everyone, I need to make it a point to get on more often...I have to fit it into my schedule. Chow for now

Steph & Steve G said...

we're all in this together!! thinking about you...