Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Thanks everyone for all of your wonderful comments and support. Some days are just tougher than others, I know you all know what I mean.
So, we have yet another snowstorm coming our way, I don't think spring will ever come. We have so much snow, I'm sure it will take till May to have it all melt. I keep telling myself that all of the shoveling is such good exercise (I have to get something positive out of it).

I have had a cleaning appointment scheduled for March 27th for a while now, I have held off canceling it just in case "something" came up with my surgery date. Good thing. At least something to look forward to. It's pretty pathetic when your looking forward to a teeth cleaning appt, huh?
I called the Ortho's office yesterday morning just to ask if they had latex free ligs. The secretary wasn't sure, but said she would have somebody call me back. Still haven't heard anything. At least I put a bug in their ears though.
Not much new to report about my teeth. I think I'll post another picture soon. Maybe comparing it to my last ones might make me feel like something small might be happening. He did put a heavy duty square wire in last time.
The small gap between my two front teeth still bugs me. I'm constantly putting my tongue up there and sucking any spit or drink that sits there. I know, it sounds gross I think it's a habit now. I'll have to try and be aware of when I'm doing it so I can try to stop.

Keep Smiling everyone!

8 comments:

Heather said...

Glad to see your looking for the positive side of this. Just keep your chin up. I am VERY sick of the snow too. I keep looking out the back window at the pool wishing it was summer so I could go swimming. Ah well, soon enough though. Soon we'll all be saying it's too hot. So, I haven't heard the latest forecast...How much snow are we supposed to get this time?!? I already have snow banks covering some of the windows. Anyway, will keep reading to find out when your surgery date is going to be rescheduled.

Heather said...

Hi Michelle, I just watched the weather and we're supposed to get 1-2 inches per hour tonight and into tomorrow. Ugh, just what we need huh? Be careful if you have to drive anywhere tomorrow.

nabukay said...

hi michelle good luck with the teeth cleaning. i hope they are kind to you, lol :#

laura said...

I'm just catching up on blog reading now. So sorry about the surgery delay! Waiting really sucks.

Did your ortho say what needs to happen before you're ready for surgery? Mine keeps saying "the more you do before, the less you have to do after", but I don't see how that makes much difference. In fact, I'd think you'd want to do the fine-tuning after the jaws are in place, rather than trying to hit a moving target.

Perhaps if the teeth are perfect enough, the surgeon can just click them into place and potentially do a better job with the jaw positioning?

Anyone know?

Shontelly said...

What a cute little smiley face gif. I love that.
Hey, everybody gets down and it's ok to vent. Sucks about all that snow! I think I feel a difference in the air here. Time to start planting some bulbs! It will be my first time this year. anyway, Not stupid to look forward to a cleaning. Your wanting to get a move on with all this surgery business so anything dealing with your teeth is like a step closer and it's good to look forward to things because it passes the time.

V said...

Hey hun,

I'd love to be surgery buddies but wouldn't wish that long a wait on anyone! I asked if it'd be possible over the summer, my ortho looked a bit unsure but said go ahead and book your holiday, it'll probably be more likely Christmas if we're looking at holidays from school.

So a long time yet sadly :( Really hope you'll get your surgery before me!!!

Yeah normally I wouldn't want pictures on a blog, but I guess this is the one topic where it's pretty crucial! I love looking at everyone's before/after shots, even if it's the other way round to my bite!

stephanie said...

I CONSTANTLY stick my tounge in and mess with my two gaps in the sides of my mouth. I don't know what it is.

I don't think it's weird to look forward to a cleaning at all!

Thinking of you!

Katherine (Kate) said...

Hi Michelle, just checkin to see if anything was new in your world this week. Did the ortho ever get back to you about the latex ligs, to see if that was the problem?

Hope everything's falling into place for you :)