Monday, November 19, 2007

Owwwwww!

Wow, my mouth was incredibly sore for a few days. The bottom braces have definitely been tougher to get used to. I bought this stuff called Orabase Soothe -N- Seal, it was pretty expensive. Well, don't waste your money. It puts a seal over any mouth sores that you have and then the seal get caught on the brackets and just pulls at the sores. Oh, it hurt so bad. Things are much better with my mouth today though. On another note, I have a horrible cold. I'm congested, my throat is sore and I just generally feel lousy. I have been trying to take extra Vitamin C and Airborne in hopes of getting rid of it before Thanksgiving. I am hosting this year, 15 people. I have a hundred things to do and no energy to get it done.

As far as the teeth go, nothing much is changing. I didn't suspect anything would. I am hoping at my next appt., I can go back into the stainless steel wires. That's when I get some movement! I can't wait for my lips to close without having to think about it. With the bottom braces now on, it just makes it that much worse.

2 comments:

Shontelly said...

Yeah, took a long time for my gap to completely go away too. 4 months I think? My memory is horrible. It feels like an eternity while your going through the process though doesn't it? Hang in there! ;) That's what everyone used to tell me.

Michelle said...

Sorry you have felt like crud. You know, I just thought about it, I dont think I have been really sick since surgery....knock on wood here. I too am in the same boat, just not feeling the progress. I'd like to think that something is happening, just not feelin it dawg! Hope you get well soon!