Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Spacer Day, again!

Today is spacer day! I dread the thought of getting them in, I find them irritating. On the other hand though, it's progress!
1 more week until my BIG appointment. I can't even imagine how it will feel to have this dreadful RPE removed. I can't wait.
Things have pretty much been the same for me lately. Sometimes I still feel that tingly feeling in my front teeth. The triangle gap is still there. I really have to take a picture to see if it's closing at all. I don't see any difference but my husband seems to think it has closed a tiny bit. The wires in the back are really poking me lately, I'm going to see if they can clip them today while I am there.
Also, my OS told me to make an appointment in January to see him, so I have scheduled this for January 17th. I hope by that time I will have made enough progress to tentatively set a date for my second surgery. I am hoping for May or early June.
I'll post again later after my appointment to let you know if anything significant happened.

2 comments:

Shontelly said...

Spacers? Those things suck!! Feels like big pieces of steak stuck in your teeth. Are you getting them because your getting braces put on the bottom now? I can't remember. ANyhow GOOD LUCK!!

Tara said...

I can't even imagine how excited you must be to have that thing removed. When I started this whole process, I was originally told that I would need SARPE. But my ortho was able to move them out enough without it, since I was a boreline case. Man, I am glad that I didn't need it. It doesn't sound like fun. Can't wait to see pics of how the gap is coming!