Wednesday, November 7, 2007

What a nice appointment

What a nice appointment I had. It was just for the bottom spacers, but it ended up being a nice long visit. Heather, who I think is so pleasant, put my spacers in. In between, we got chit chatting about kids, husbands and life in general. Then we talked about my progress and she brought up my "before" pictures on the computer. It's nice to share the excitement with the people who really know what you have been through to get there. As much as they can anyways. It's not like all of us, who have actually lived it.
Then another one of the girls came over, the new one, I think her name is Candy. Anyways, she joined our conversation too. We ended by discussing my next appt. Heather says taking the RPE out is a lot of pressure, but no pain and that it usually comes out faster than it went in. She tells me it will feel really weird. She said that one little boy asked her if they could put it back in. He just got used to it I guess. Funny how our bodies just adjust. Even hearing that, I still can't wait to get it removed.
I also hope the bottom teeth move as quickly as the top ones have. I'm not sure if the top ones moved so quickly because of the surgery or if that's just how things happen. When I was younger and not as wise, I had a molar pulled and all of my bottom teeth have shifted filling in that gap. So, now they will have to be pulled quite a ways back to get my midlines to line up correctly.
My bottom teeth are a little sore today. I hate that feeling you get, like you have a big ol' piece of steak or something that you NEED to get out.
6 more days!!!!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Funny, I had some molars removed as a kid too, yes I didnt go to the dentist till it was too late, they had to pull 4 molars, 2 on top, 2 on bottom. The spaces were never delt with so my back molars were pushed by my wisdom teeth and they managed to lean and rotate. This is one big reason for taking on this whole ordeal. I may only end up with one space after all this. It seems as if all the other spaces are closing up nicely. So, I guess I may end up with an implant. Is that what they plan to do with your space? My triangle is still around, I really dont think it will make any change until my next appt. I bet you are getting really ansy about the RPE, it will be awesome. I cant wait to read your post when you get it out. Can you believe a friend of my daughter had one in the top and bottom at the same time. Her mother made them take the bottom one out, it was just too much for her to handle and she was losing sooo much weight. Anyway, chow for now, keep up the good progress!!