Thursday, October 25, 2007

Good News

I brought my daughter to the Ortho yesterday afternoon. While she was getting her adjustment, I asked Dr. Post if he had any idea when I would be getting my bottom braces on. He actually came over to where I was sitting so he could take a look at my top teeth. I guess he felt like everything looked okay because, he said let's put them on when you come to your next visit on the 13th. WHOO HOO!!! PROGRESS!!
So, on the 13th I will be having my expander removed, my TPA placed and my bottom braces put on. It will be a 2 hour appt. I am sure that my mouth and jaw will be quite sore but, I always try to embrace the pain. It always means we're moving forward.

Oh, I also wanted to add that my daughter and I each got a slush puppie yesterday (an icy flavored drink). The cold actually bothered my gums and front teeth. I was so excited because things have been pretty numb still.

I feel like today is a good day. Things are headed in the right direction!

6 comments:

Shontelly said...

WOO HOO! Good for you Michelle! SLush Puppies are the beez knees! haha

Michelle said...

Beez knees??? What on earth, her braces must be pretty tight!! HeHe Good One Shontell. Im glad to hear you are making good strides. I was just thinking today that the pains have moved on and now Im like when is my next appt? I need to feel progress! I really want to get rid of this triangle!!! Well, good 4 you Michelle, Im really excited for you. You know, we do have alot in common, Name, braces, same gap, both our daughters are in braces too!

Michelle said...

I agree Shontell, my daughter and I love them.

AND, we are the same age too! Weird huh?
I am so excited. I just hope I didn't bite off more than I can chew...

Shontelly said...

I shall now call you ladies the triangle twins! Now who's going to get rid of that triangle first..hmmm?

Michelle said...

Well, let the race begin. Ouch, these pliers really hurt, maybe I should have used the vice clamp. Just kidding! It was just a thought.

Well, the triangle sisters have their next appointments about the same time, I think mine is on the 12th and Michelle's is on the 13th... so....this should be a close race.

Michelle said...

Mine is stuck, it ain't moving at all! We're going to be like the tortoise and the rabbit. I don't want to be the tortoise!!