Thursday, October 4, 2007

Ho Hum

Things are still about the same... Yesterday I did notice some tingling in the area of my 4 front teeth again. I haven't felt this for a little while or at least I haven't noticed it but, it was definitely there yesterday. It made me feel better, because I at least feel like something is happening. Healing hopefully.
I also noticed a new sore on the inside of my right cheek. It's in a place that hasn't bothered me before which, led me to believe things must be shifting around in there.
I had a weird dream the other night that the Ortho. took my expander out and my teeth
wiggled and then moved all out of place again. I guess as much as I want this thing out, it has brought some stability to me through this process.
I have been wondering lately how the Ortho will remove my expander. It seems like some of you have just had the wires cut and the bands stay on and others have had their bands removed. I'll have to ask him about this on the 16th so I can prepare myself for what lies ahead. I guess I don't really care either way, I would like the bands removed but, getting this thing out is all that matters. I can't wait to be able to eat Thanksgiving dinner without it. Mmmm!
So, I still have the triangle gap in my front teeth. I actually see the potential for the bottom of my front teeth to start overlapping. They were pretty even but, I see that one is a little more out than the other one. Does that make sense? The power chain is pulling them together but the bottom is as together as they can be without starting to crowd.
I guess he'll address this on the 16th too.
Today is Friday for me, I took tomorrow off and I have off Monday too. A nice long weekend ahead. Now if I can just relax and stop thinking about what's ahead!

3 comments:

Shontelly said...

ahhh..relaxation.. :D

I remember those tingley feelings too when my teeth started getting feeling back. It was so subtle. I'm still amazed at how well the whole thing turned out. Of course I feared the worse. Teeth falling out, expander slipping off, etc. etc. but it was all so very smooth. I'm hoping for the same result for my next BIG surgery. This time there will be numbness for sure though. :(
Hey, good idea about asking how the expander will be taken out. I should have asked. I find that I hold back a lot when it comes to questions. I donno why. anyhoo..HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!! Get out and enjoy some fall foliage!!

Michelle said...

You know, I do the same. I never really want to ask too many questions to my OD, he always seems very down to business and I know he is patient to patient. I tend to ask the assistant who does most of the work all the questions...she is very friendly. Anyway, it will be interesting to see if he leaves the rings on or not. Im without, Shontell is with...hmm maybe he will just take one off, then we can all be different. OK this is coming from someone who is sipping on another one of the wonderful green appletini's!!! Yum! Well always glad to read an update! I need to post again, probably tomorrow! :)

Shontelly said...

Sometimes I'm ok asking Q's but there is this one chic who looks like a freaking California barbi doll that makes me feel uncomfortable. I just know she's looking at my yellow teeth and thinking .."wow, you really need to cut down on the tea." I swear, I have NEVER seen anyone with whiter teeth in my life! She's the one who took my expander out and wasn't even a little bit empathetic about the pain I was going through either. So you see why I was clueless as to what was going down!