Tuesday, October 30, 2007

My poor lips!!

So, I couldn't take it anymore. I know I have mentioned my lips before but, this time I just couldn't stand it.
On Friday my lips felt so incredibly chapped and the burning was pretty intense. I can't for the life of me, figure out why.
I called my OS and spoke with Jaime. She tells me that they recommend taht I go to the health food store to pick up a salve with comfrey and calendula in it. She says this stuff is great for the lips.
So, after work on Friday, that was the first place I stopped. I plastered my lips with the stuff Friday night, all day Saturday and again Saturday night. It did nothing!
I talked to my Mom about it on Sunday. She works for my dermatologist so, first thing Monday morning she checked his schedule and he had a cancellation for Monday evening.

After telling him my history, he almost looked stumped as to why my lips would still be bothering me. He has recommended that I use Hydrocortisone ointment 4x a day for 4 days and then 2x a day for 2 days. He said stop all of the other chap sticks that I've been using and only use Vaseline in between the hydrocortisone. I woke up this morning and my lips weren't great but, they didn't burn as bad as they have been and they also didn't seem as swollen.
So, I'll see where this gets me. I really want them to be feeling better before my BIG appt. on the 13th.

6 comments:

Shontelly said...

My lips are still bothering me too! sucks. I have these long splits in the corners of my mouth like someone took a knife and cut them. I just know its going to be worse after my app thursday. The only thing I can think of that's causing the dryness is my acne meds. =(

Michelle said...

OK Lip sisters...hehe I really feel bad for you guys... my lips never felt anything. Hope they start improving. Im so like in no pain, the rubber band really doesn't bother me anymore, just hoping my next adjustment gets here quickly. Well Happy Halloween to you all, make sure you post pics of the little ones in costume.

Mary said...

You might want to stop using the vaseline. Petrolium jelly actually sucks the moisture right out which might be contributing to your problem. I think its great your doctor recommended a natural remedy, the calendula should really help! You could try some Burt's Bees products, they are really great. Mary

Shontelly said...

I agree about the Burts Bees!!

You know I'm SO gonna post a pic of Lydia michelle!! You two have to post some too. How are them triangles coming along??

Shontelly said...

..OH... nevermind! I just read about them in your last post!

Michelle said...

Thanks for the info. Mary. I find what the doctors say so confusing. They're always contradicting each other so you never know what the best thing for you really is.

Shontell,
Not sure if you read my last comment about the triangles. It was about the tortoise and the hare. I don't want to be the tortoise anymore!! My gap ain't budging!