Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Lastest update

My appt. today was okay. A little good news and a little bad. The office was quite busy so, I was a little worried I wouldn’t get the time I so desperately felt that I needed. I met the new girl today (I can’t remember her name, sorry). She has only been there for 3 weeks. I was worried because she wouldn’t know everything I have been through but, she was actually really good. I wonder if she sensed my apprehension because she explained to me that she had worked with an orthodontist for 10 years prior to coming here.
So after I chatted with her for a little bit and she removed my old wire, Dr. Post came over. He is so good. He knows I have been very interested in everything he is doing, so today he gave me a mirror so I could watch what he was doing while he explained it. He put in a 018 stainless steel wire today. He made a few bends in it to help close that triangle gap in between my upper front teeth. He actually had me feel the difference between the nickel titanium wire and the stainless steel. The first one you could bend or wiggle around but it always went back to its original form. The stainless steel stays right where he bends it. So he said from here on out, that’s what I will be having.
Then we discussed the Expander. The good news of the day is that we can remove it at my next appt. Now for the bad news… I have to have a TPA put in its place. UGH!!!! He tells me this won’t be a big deal but, I really don’t want anything. I know he is just being careful; it just doesn’t make any sense to me why all of the other people that I chat with don’t have to have one. The girl that was helping him said that the TPA will help so there won’t be any chance of collapse. I guess the saying goes, better safe than sorry.
I actually asked for orange ligs today, I thought orange would be a good color for this time of year, but the new girl said there weren’t any orange power chains to match so burgundy was my second choice. Then he didn’t even put a power chain on just a wire twisting the two front teeth together. It actually looks a little funny because she could only fit a lig on one front tooth because of that wire. So I have the burgundy color on every tooth except for one front one. Maybe I’ll tell people it’s for Halloween.
My teeth are a little achy right now but, that usually means good things! So it’s the waiting game once again. I’ll post my newest picture tomorrow.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Well, Im excited that you are getting the RPE out at your next appt. Is that 4 weeks? Im not too sure about the TPA, not even sure what it looks like. How does it differ I wonder? Well either way, you are making progress and I can't get over how much has moved already. We both have the triangular gap now. Aren't we special!

Shontelly said...

Hey there, Glad to hear that you can finally get that torture device out of your mouth! Curious to see and hear about this TPA business too.
I have orange Ligs right now but next month I think I might do the green and red for Christmas! ha! Or maybe just green on the bottom.. yeah, that sounds more my pace. ;)

Michelle said...

OK wheres these Orange Lig pics? I gotta see em'! I guess you guys win the brave award, this little toaster went with porcelain braces so everything I get is usually white or clear. Wait a minute...I dont even have those little rubber bands around my brackets...what do I have??? I think they just twist a white wire around them...hmmm...guess I should inquire about the difference.