Thursday, October 11, 2007

Jaw pain...

I've noticed lately that my jaw is really bothering me. I have always had some trouble but, the last few weeks has been a little worse. My muscles are extremely tight and I find myself waking up with a headache lately. I don't have a good bite right now and I wonder if it's my jaw trying to find a comfortable place to sit.
I've also noticed and haven't mentioned before but, even since my surgery, I clench my teeth/jaw from time to time without even meaning to. It happened a lot more right after surgery. But now, I'll be eating or talking to someone and all of a sudden without notice, I'll clench. Sometimes I even bite my cheeks or tongue when it happens. I think it has to be a muscle thing going on. Has anyone ever experienced this?
Prior to my surgery, I was treated for a number of sinus infections. I was on antibiotics and steroids all the time. Now, I haven't had one for a while but, when I did get one I was always very congested and couldn't breath through my nose at all. Lately, I've had an incredible amount of pressure around my eyes, forehead and temples. When I bend over, the pressure is horrible. I'm breathing through my nose pretty well though. So now, I'm wondering if it's a sinus infection but not the one's I am used to getting. I just don't know… maybe I'll give it a few more days before I call the doctor.

There's a girl that goes to my Ortho's office that had the same surgery as me about a month earlier. I have never met her but, I did get her number and I have called her on a few occasions just to see how she is doing. She actually e-mailed me on Friday and said that she had her expander removed and a TPA put in it's place. Hmmm. Now I'm wondering what my Ortho has in store for me. I actually mentioned the TPA to him at my last appt. just to see if he would consider it so I could get this expander out sooner. His reply was that he occasionally uses them. Then he went on to say I could have my expander removed in early November. I hope I don't have to have a TPA put in at this stage of the game.
I guess I'll just sit tight and wait patiently for my appt. on Tuesday. Then the answers will come… I hope!!

3 comments:

Shontelly said...

Ya know, three weeks isn't bad at all is it? I haven't been thinking about it. I know strange right?! lol Usually I'm obsessed with dates dealing with my jaw but I figure if I forget about it then time will go faster. It's been working!

I started clinching too since the SARPE. BAD but mainly at night. My teeth ach in the morning from it. Since the removal of the expander I have been having more pain in my jaw. It's nothing to tell the ortho about though. Other than that it's pretty much been "ho hum" like you said. ;) I think I'm going to ask for my before pictures. I've been meaning to but I hate to feel like I'm bothering people! I'm a nut. Anyhoo - I hope your jaw starts to feel better and no TPA for you!

Shontelly said...

ALSO .. saw the pic. Cool, I can finally see ya. :D Your going to have dramatic after ones I'm sure. Pretty pretty baby blues!!

Michelle said...

Hey there, yes I too did the clenching. Mostly at night but every now and again during the day. I said it was my teeth a little pissed off! They were showing anger! Anyway, sorry to hear about the headaches, sounds like a sinus infection to me too. As for my back, gettin better. Thank God because Im headin back to Orlando for my oldest daughters softball tournament. No disney this time!! But 6-10 games at the ball park is what Im looking at. Fri/Sat and Sun. Oh boy! Well hope you get to feeling better and glad to finally SEE YA! HEHE